View here, how easy PLEXIGLAS® can be reformed!
All PLEXIGLAS® solid sheet qualify to reform, but not multi-wall sheets or corrugated sheet. Pre reforming the protective film of the PLEXIGLAS® sheet is removed.
The forming temperature is the following:
- PLEXIGLAS® XT ca. 150 °C
- PLEXIGLAS® GS ca. 160 °C.
Immediately after the heating process the working piece is formed and held in place either by hand or with help of an appropriate device until it is cooled down (to under approx. 60 °C).
The PLEXIGLAS® forming component can be processed as usual after reforming.
View here, how PLEXIGLAS® can be sawed easily!
Adequate separating tools are as follows:
- Circular saw bench
- Circular hand saws with hard metal saw blades, so-called multiple toothing saw-blades. The tooth pitch of the saw blades should be approx. 13 mm. Always use well ground saw blades, which are used for PLEXIGLAS® only.
- fret saws
- bow saws; since their saw blades are set no good cutting edge (outburst) is achievable. Therefore, use only sharp saw blades. Also, determine the right cutting condition through the number of strokes and change of feeder.
- Use carving knife as separation aid with PLEXIGLAS® GS and XT basic types, however not with impact modified PLEXIGLAS® Resist.
PLEXIGLAS® glass bonding
View here, how PLEXIGLAS® can be bonded easily!
With the ACRIFIX® bonding agent and additive program there is for any application an ideal solution, for a perfect bonding of PLEXIGLAS® and other acrylic glasses.
ACRIFIX® 1S 0116
for PLEXIGLAS® XT: quick and easy bonding, butt joints, excellent fit, no area bonding
ACRIFIX® 1R 0192
for PLEXIGLAS® GS und XT colorless: butt joints, area bonding, fillet joints
View here, how PLEXIGLAS® can be polished easily!
PLEXIGLAS® GS and PLEXIGLAS® XT can be polished easily and simple on both the edge and the surface.
- Only work with very soft polishing material (felt, sponge material, glove material).
- With PLEXIGLAS® agreeable polishing paste and polishing wax use the following: acrylic glass POLISHING & REPAIR Paste, UNIPOL®, REX® Autopolishing.
The polishing agent is applied on the polishing material. Then the polishing can be done automatically. In doing so, aboid frictional heat. Manual polishing is possible, but it is a bit cumbersome.
View here, how easily drilling of PLEXIGLAS® can be!
Please note for drilling:
- Possibly use a drilling rack
- at 5 mm drilling depth cool with water or with air blast
- at deep drillings "air out" drill several times; best after each 1 mm drilling depth
- right cutting rate and right feed is identified by smooth, connected chip flow
- at start and close to puncture reduce feed
- for round saw cuts up to 60 mm a hole saw or "Slugger" cutter is suited best; eventually pre-drill the center with a suitable drill; use water or compressed air for cooling.